Today we are very excited because we have our latest instalment from the lovely Monica from MHG Beauty. Here at MLW we are very lucky as Monica kindly helps us out with the latest news and trends from the beauty industry so that we can be help you lovelies be your most beautiful self – whether you are working on your bridal beauty routine or just looking for something a little bit different. It’s all about hair today with something that I never even knew was a thing – reverse shampooing. Having had thick unruly hair all my life, this technique actually sounds like a dream come true and I’m not sure why I haven’t thought to do this before. I’ll hand you over to Monica to tell you more about it…
You’ve probably heard about reverse shampooing by now. If you haven’t, I am here to tell you all about it.
It is basically applying conditioner before you apply shampoo. The purpose of this is not weighing down your hair. So if you have baby-fine hair that easily gets tangled, this would be a good method to use. Just don’t use heavy conditioners that are costumed for thick hair, so nothing that says sleek, intensive, deep moisturizer or has the word cream in it. The steps are: Rinse, Condition, Shampoo, Rinse and voila.
The funny thing is I had never tried this method on me because my hair is long and curly and it needs a deep conditioner, until a few months ago. I was travelling and I always carry my own shampoo and conditioner. This time I miscalculated and took less conditioner than what I needed. When I realized I had only enough for a few more applications, I decided to use the hotel’s conditioner to detangle my hair before shampooing, then shampooed and afterwards just applied a few drops of my own conditioner and OMG I loved the results so much, this is how I wash my hair ever since. I know it sounds like a lot, and it does take time, but I promise it’s totally worth it. I am sure I didn’t come up with this and many people already do it. But I really wanted to share this because it made a huge difference in my hair.
So the steps are as follows:
1. Rinse your hair with warm water. (never use hot water, this not only dehydrates your hair but your skin as well)
2. Apply conditioner from mids to ends (I suggest you buy an organic conditioner that is not too expensive for this) with a large wide tooth comb (as shown above) detangle your hair starting at the ends and working your way up.
3. Rinse hair
4. Apply shampoo (its important to apply it on the scalp and rub with your fingertips in a delicate way, not using too much friction which can damage your hair)
5. Apply your favorite organic deep conditioner on the ends.***
6. Rinse and you are good to go!
***Skip step 5 if you have fine hair.
Try it! I am sure you will love the results!
Thank you so much to Monica for her amazing advice (as usual) and for sharing her secrets with us. Back tomorrow with rather a gorgeous real wedding…stay tuned!