Hi there! Soooo as I promised last time, I am doing short DIY vlogs for you guys on how to create those 4 focused looks I talked about on my last blog here.
Today I will begin with the classic girl look, the focus for this look is on the skin. Here is what you will need, I will mention the brands used on my model but you can choose your own favorites.
- Face moisturizer (MAC oil control)
- Eye cream (MAC fast response)
- Primer (Benefit pore-fessional)
- Foundation (Illamasqua skin base)
- Concealer/Corrector (bobby brown corrector)
- Highlighter (MAC prep&prime highlighter)
- Cheek bone highlighter (Benefit high beam)
- Dark concealer (if you are up for some contouring) (MAC Mineralize concealer)
- Blush (MAC pink swoon)
- Bronzer (MAC Mineralize powder dark)
- Mascara (MAC extended play)
- Lipgloss (MAC paper lantern)
It is crucial to choose the ideal shades for both Foundation and concealers to get that makeup no makeup look. As for Skin Primers it depends on your skin type and if you wish to minimize pores, achieve a glowy skin and or just ease your foundation application. It is also important to mention that highlighting and contouring are done in different ways depending on your face shape, what features you want to highlight and which ones you want to reshape. Contouring should be subtle and should be done with a matte dark concealer or powder but never a bronzer. If you want to learn more about this, please don’t hesitate to contact me for a makeup class.
Having said this, I now leave you to our quick easy video.
Until our next look! Stay tuned.
Well…. now I just feel bad for skipping about 6 steps of that very easy tutorial. I think I need to take more time preparing my skin. For me, applying makeup seems like a lot of effort, almost a chore and that’s because I’m always in a rush… and I’m pretty sure I’m not using the right products for my look.’The classic girl who doesn’t wear much makeup but actually does?’ If that makes any sense?!
Thanks Monica for teaching me a thing or two about makeup…. and off to Sephora I go 🙂
Visit Monica’s Facebook page for more makeup tips – https://www.facebook.com/monicamakeupdubai?fref=ts