OMG I am excited about this blog series. I am excited because I love my wedding mates and I’m hoping these blog posts may entertain you for approximately 3-5 minutes twice a week. (I’m assuming you need a break from Netflix??) So I’m kicking today off with my beautiful friend Paula. She’s an awesome photographer with the best vintage style you have ever seen. She’s a Mummy, a well traveled photographer and loves Nutella. I think you’ll like her.
The work stuff…
- What do you do and who are you? My name is Paula and I am a wedding photographer and owner of Paula Scalco Photography.
- How long have you been in Dubai? Over 11 years
- How did you start your business? I used to be an architect and always loved everything antique and detailed. Once in Dubai, I knew I wasn’t entirely happy with my job and decided to do a wedding planning course in the UK. I then got a job as a trainee and started in the wonderful world of weddings. I was always carrying my camera and than quickly found my true passion, which is capturing weddings.
- What’s the best thing about your job? Being able to capture one of the best days of people’s life and making all the happiness and emotion of the day eternal.
- Do you have a team or work solo? It depends on the type of shoot and how many people it is required. For smaller shoots I work by myself, and for bigger weddings and projects I have a team of photographers and videographers. All the editing of the photos and album making, I do it by myself.
- What makes you different/ special/ unique? I believe my love for antique and vintage, and being a romantic really shows in my work.
- How have you been affected by COVID 19? It is difficult times for everyone. All my jobs in March where cancelled, my weddings in April have all been rescheduled and I have received very few requests for the next months.
- What’s the first thing you’re going to do when life becomes a little normal? I will take my little daughter Maria to the beach.
The fun stuff…
- What is the strangest talent you have? I can spot a not straight picture hanging on a wall as soon as I walk in to a room and I have to fix it!
- Do you have any strange phobias? If so what are they? I have phobia of snakes and moths.
- What is the weirdest or worst thing you have ever eaten? Chicken heart… it is a very typical dish that my Dad cooks.
- If you could have any superpower what would it be and why? Tele transport. So I could be with my parents and bring them to Dubai to see my daughter every day.
- If you won the lottery what would be the first thing you would buy? My dream old car, a Japanese Figaro.
- Which three words describe you the best? Dreamer, Romantic & Perfectionist
- What’s your favorite sandwich filling? Nutella! Not sure if it is considered as a sandwich filling but I love Nutella with anything.
If you want to know more about Paula and her awesome photography business click on over to http://paulascalco.com – you’ll be happily consumed by her beautiful wedding photography.