Last week I met with Saida, the Director of Weddings for Atlantis. To be honest I was quite blown away but how much this lady loves her job, and it wasn’t a sales pitch, she really does love weddings. I immediately liked her and after ordering a skinny latte at the Paltos lounge bar we dived straight in and spent the next 45 minutes talking about weddings at Atlantis. I really had no idea how many stunning venues they had. At first impressions, when you browse through their website you will realise that they offer a lot with their wedding packages, but it doesn’t inform you that they cater to smaller and intimate style weddings too. Don’t be fooled, the wedding team at Atlantis aim to please and will never say no to couple getting married with only 30 guests. Yes, they cater to big & fabulous weddings, and are some what experts in this area but there aim is provide you with the wedding of your dreams. (Cheesy to say, but very true ;-))
The wedding team at Atlantis offer around the lock advise and will assist you in all areas of the planning process. They will coordinate with your suppliers and take over the logistics to ensure you relax and enjoy the most important bits. (Logistics and schedules is not something you want to be dealing.. believe me, I know)
A few facts that you need to know… ♥
- The Atlantis plan around 200 weddings a year, and about 50 of those are European expat weddings
- The wedding team will provide advice, guidance and assistance throughout the whole planning process
- The wedding team are all women, and when required a male assistant will come in to support the groom
- They have 6 amazing wedding areas, including 2 outdoor areas (Perfect for smaller weddings) and a beach front venue called Asateer.
Every wedding package includes the following;
- Choice of menu (buffet or family style)
- Juices, soft drinks and water
- Specialised wedding planner to plan your dream day wedding
- Special ceremonial wedding cake with 3 to 6 layers, depending on the package (pre-plated cake after the wedding cake cutting ceremony)
- Complimentary valet parking
- Choice of linens (overlays, chair covers and chair bows)
- One night in Atlantis, The Palm inclusive of honeymoon amenities and breakfast
- Guaranteed late check-out till 3.00pm
- Complimentary entry to Aquaventure Waterpark for the couple
- Complimentary entry to The Lost Chambers Aquarium for the couple
- Complimentary 5% extra covers based on the total number of guests
- Complimentary dance floor
- Complimentary menu tasting for 5 persons
OK, the minimum spend for these venues is AED 60,000- AED 90,000 but they will cater for smaller groups and create your own package to your requirements, so please if your planning a small & intimate wedding then don’t write them off just yet.
The exciting new Honeymoon and Wedding Registry has just launched at Atlantis and this will be the first of its kind in the region.
Couples can now celebrate wedded bliss with contributions from their friends and family. The honeymoon and wedding registry offers couples the chance to create the honeymoon experience of their dreams. Offering a completely customized experience, the registry allows to register for every dream and desire, including accommodation or an upgrade to an opulent suite; unparalleled culinary experiences; rejuvenating spa treatments at ShuiQi Spa & Fitness; or once in a life time experiences such as a Behind the Scenes Tour at The Lost Chambers Aquarium and a swim with the playful dolphins at Dolphin Bay. Whatever the dreams are, the newlyweds can make a lasting memory and their loves ones can share in this celebration by helping to create their trip.
Couples who are looking to say their ‘I do’s’ at the resort can also invite guests to pay towards the wedding itself, whether it is an opulent affair in the Atlantis Ballroom or a more intimate gathering in the Palm Grove.
The Honeymoon Registry is made possible through a partnership with HoneymoonWishes.com, providing the most advanced tool to create bridal registries centred on honeymoon gifts and experiences. Honeymoon Wishes has a unique position within the honeymoon registry industry – connecting couples directly to resorts in destinations around the world.
I think it’s a fab idea, especially if your planning your wedding without your family around or your planning from a distance. It will give your family and friends a way to participate, contribute (great for the bride & groom-to-be) and everyone will feel like they’ve organized their own bit.
Details on all the venues are coming soon…♥