- Forget the Wedding March – ask your organist to play a song that’s more personal to you. A pop song will sound grand on a church organ but gives your ceremony a modern touch – Crazy in Love anyone?
- Who needs doves? Give each guest a balloon in your wedding colours and ask them to release them all together during the reception for a spectacular effect.
- Organise quirky games for your guests to play during the champagne reception – a wedding quiz is guaranteed to get people talking!
- Ask creative friends to each make a centrepiece that reflects you and your man – you’ll save on flowers and your table displays will have so much more meaning.
- Instead of just the three traditional speeches, open the floor to your guests and invite anyone to make a short toast to do so.
- There’s no need to spend a fortune on dance lessons, but choreographing a simple routine together for your first dance will make it more memorable (plus there’s less chance of your new husband standing on your foot if he’s had plenty of practice).
- Get guests to write personal messages on a piece of card and place them in a bowl in the centre of each table, instead of having a guest book.
- You don’t have to decorate your reception with costly flower displays – collect sheaves of corn, pine cones or holly and add some seasonal flair to your day.
- During your toasts, ask all of your guests to celebrate love by standing up and kissing the person on either side of them. It’s an icebreaker no one will forget!
- Write your own wedding vows (check with the person conducting the ceremony first). It’s the most meaningful way to share your love with everyone.
Check out her FaceBook page *here*