This morning I posted a few ideas on the alternatives to flowers. As you all know I’m a big fan of flowers, plants, and general decor. Stores like Crate & Barrel and The One excite me. Yes, I’m a wedding geek and I like it.
Anyway, here’s what I did at home…
Things I used…
- 1 bag of green moss from Crate & Barrel, this was only AED 20 for 1 bag.
- Tea light candles from The One. I’ve had them for a few years now. I think there were around AED4 each.
- Favors from Conti Confetteria. I used my own favor bags and tied them with string. It gave them a more rustic feel than using fancy ribbon. (btw they are sooo yummy, you have to try them when your next at Marina Mall.)
- Wine glasses are from Tavola via Mylist.
- Napkins are from Crate & Barrel at AED 8 each
- Place mats are my own, I got them from Sri Lanka last year.
I know it’s a very simple set up, but the moss really does make the table. Can you imagine using this on a much bigger table with lots of candles? It would be so pretty and perfect for an outdoor rustic wedding. It makes the mind wonder doesn’t it 😉
I also added plants from Ikea, the metal pots add a really lovely rustic touch and the green plants were only AED25 each. Bargin! I do however suggest you use smaller plants as the height is all wrong. When I say wrong, I mean it’s not tall enough nor short enough so you can see across the table.
For my last set up I used 3 tall glasses and stuffed them with moss. This gave the table a much cleaner feel, and would also be perfect if you had dishes being placed on the table. I can’t imagine you’d want a big dish of hot potatoes sitting between fluffy moss?
Anyway, hope you enjoyed this little inspiration shoot. One day I might even be able to do it on round tables with wedding chairs?! hehe…
Joelle x x