Did you see my blog this morning? I made my own signs and gave them a touch of shabby chic love. I decided to share a few more ideas with you, maybe you want to add a touch of the old effect to your big day? Here’s a few ideas…
1. Use rustic wood, if it’s a bit old and tatty then that’s fine, it’s not supposed to be perfect.
2. Use soft colours and pastel tones. Nothing too bright!
3. Throw in a blackboard, it’s rustic and the hand written message in chalk gives a handmade element to the look. You can also sand down the edges to create a used vintage feel. (This is what we are doing with our blackboards)
4. Sanding down signs and accessories such as white candle sticks can instantly give you that shabby chic look. It’s so easy and really don’t matter if you sand too much or too little. It’s awesome because it’s totally up to you, and there really is no right or wrong.
5. I truly believe that it’s the little details that really matter. Adding a touch of lace around a vase of flowers or using subtle colours will really make a difference. I LOVE these mini blackboard signs, however so far I haven’t seen any for sale in the UAE. Maybe I should make them???
6. Last of all… I am so in love with this old wood window frame. This is a recycled frame, which probably already looked old and it’s been used in such a creative way. I love how some clever bride has used the glass windows to write the table plan. I’m sure if you looked hard enough you could find something similar in Dubai??? Hmm well maybe…
Credits; Top picture of chair and table;4.bp.blogspot.com Colour theme picture; shabbychic.com Blackboard, emmalinebride.com large blackboard/ dressing table; lovewedbliss.com Wedding signs; google.it Candle sticks; etsy.com Vase w/ lace and flowers; etsy.com window frame table plan; prettylittleweddings.com