So you’ve had your hen party, you’ve been socialising like crazy and the pre wedding gatherings have been in full swing… BUT with your wedding just around the corner, you’ll probably be aiming for clear glowing skin on your wedding day? Thats the dream right? 😉 Well, the lovely Monica at MHG Beauty has a great blog post about how to look after your skin when you’re social butterfly.
- Hydrate inside and out
If you are planning on going out try drinking even more water than your regularly do and during the day try wearing few makeup products and instead use a good moisturizer and face mist so that your skin is hydrated and glowing which will make your night makeup looks flawless.
- Eat green
Eating salads, drinking green juices and staying away from sugar and processed high sodium foods will help you feel light and not as bloated, which will result in your clothes fitting perfectly.
- Don’t forget to drink water during the night, this will keep you hydrated and will make it less likely to have a headache on the next day.
After (before bed)
- Remove eye and face makeup
Make it your rule to never go to bed wearing any makeup. I understand sometimes you just want to put on your pijamas and go to bed but believe me, you don’t want your pores to be all clogged not only from the makeup residue, but the cigarette smoke, air pollution and bacteria. This causes acne. If you are too tired to wash your face, at least use a good face wipe and a good eye makeup remover. I suggest virgin cold pressed coconut oil to remove your eyemakeup. You’ll be impressed how easily everything is removed, including water proof products.
- Ultra moisturize
After removing your makeup, apply a natural organic oil as a serum. I love Argan Oil. Finally apply your night face cream and eye cream. I know it sounds like a lot but when you make it a habit, it literally takes you 5 minutes and your skin will thank you for it.
- As for your hair, the ideal thing would be washing it. If you have short hair, are good at drying your hair fast or have no issues with going to bed with towel dried hair, be my guest. I know if I do this, I will probably wake up with a cold the next morning. So for the moment I have to rely on dry shampoo and put my hair in a bun.
- Sleep it off make sure to get a good night sleep so you let your body recharge and regenerate everything lost during the day.
- Cleanse face
Use your favorite face wash.
- Moisturizing face mask
Apply a hydrating face mask. Depending on instructions on the package. Leave it between 5-15 minutes, rinse and apply your face moisturizer. Try using few makeup products on that day so your skin has a chance to breath.
- Before taking a shower, apply coconut or argan oil from mid shaft to ends on your hair. Leave it for 5 minutes. Rinse it off and then apply shampoo and a deep conditioner or a hair mask. Your hair will be so happy.
- Hydrate and Eat Clean
Drink lots of water and coconut water as well. This will definitely replenish your body and rehydrate you from the inside out.
Do your best at eating clean. Obviously this is a daily good decision, but I am a foodie, so I obviously understand we all have cravings. Just try to stay away from excessive caffeine, salty foods and sugar. This will help your body get back on track faster.
Now with this in mind, go have fun! Call your friends and arrange a girl’s night out. You’ll know exactly what to do to make it look like nothing h